MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New to everything !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there , new to forum software but looking to learn something new so here i am so ill be posting my forum soon just need help with some possible mods i could use to make my forum look more apealing so mods etc , give me some information and ill put it to the test peeps looking to get started looking forward to meeting you all and hopefully make an amazing looking forum Big Grin
Alright first tip that I wish someone had told me when I started my first forum, use plugins in moderation. :3
(2014-08-08, 11:08 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Alright first tip that I wish someone had told me when I started my first forum, use plugins in moderation. :3

Exactly, plugins add queries and slow down your site.
(2014-08-08, 11:08 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Alright first tip that I wish someone had told me when I started my first forum, use plugins in moderation. :3

Exactly. A forum is about discussions; not about plugins. Now if you were to have a forum about MyBB plugins then go ahead add them to showcase them. But for a normal forum whether it's a promotion forum, a discussion forum, or whatever only use what is needed.

Example don't put a shoutbox on a promotion forum.

Don't put a points system on a forum about swimming.

Etc there are heaps of plugins for MyBB but it's about choosing the right ones.

Anyway MyBB is already awesome enough in what the default install gives us.