MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Increase latest threads title length (in index.php)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Could you please tell me if it's possible to increase the title length of "Latest Threads", when displayed in index.php ?
I have already modified portal.php and functions_forumlist.php but they do not affect index.php.

This portal.php code has no effect on index.php "Latest Threads" side box:
		if(my_strlen($thread['subject']) > 100)
		{
			$thread['subject'] = my_substr($thread['subject'], 0, 100) . "...";
		}

Thank you.
which plugin you are using for the latest threads sidebox on the index page ?
Give us the link of your forum to check, I think is a theme-related thing, like the width of the latest threads box.
@mexykanu

Touching core files of MyBB in any way is last thing you would want to do ever.

MyBB have very flexible and powerful plugins system that allow you to do anything
and everything without altering core files.

If you will ignore this advice anyway, you will have big problems every time when new update will be released.
Thank you all for the replies. I am using Sidebox 1.2.0 By Nayar; I've fixed the issue.

avril, thank you for your reply, i haven't thought about update incompatibility until now.
Most modifications i have made so far are related to the template, language and css files.

Could you advise me what i should do if no plugins are available at the time i require them ?

Thank you.
(2014-08-08, 05:14 PM)mexykanu Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all for the replies. I am using Sidebox 1.2.0 By Nayar; I've fixed the issue.

avril, thank you for your reply, i haven't thought about update incompatibility until now.
Most modifications i have made so far are related to the template, language and css files.

Could you advise me what i should do if no plugins are available at the time i require them ?

Thank you.

You can make requests in the Plugin Requests forum. I do customs, but I charge for them.
(2014-08-08, 05:14 PM)mexykanu Wrote: [ -> ]Could you advise me what i should do if no plugins are available at the time i require them ?

You may always look for a plugin around MyBB site, find something usefull in MyBB mods library , request plugin in designated for this area, or just learn how MyBB plugins are made and make it yourself, but shouldnt modify core files anyway.
however, there is a patches plugin which can be effectively used to modify & maintain source files (if required)
(2014-08-08, 06:17 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]however, there is a patches plugin which can be effectively used to modify & maintain source files (if required)

@.m. - this is at least an epic plugin, as i am capable of modifying code but am unable to create my own plugins at the moment. Double best answer in one thread ?

Quote:You may always look for a plugin around MyBB site, find something usefull in MyBB mods library , request plugin in designated for this area, or just learn how MyBB plugins are made and make it yourself, but shouldnt modify core files anyway.
Quote:You can make requests in the Plugin Requests forum. I do customs, but I charge for them.
Thank you for this information. I'll make sure to post in the Plugins section if there is a specific need for them.