MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom application inputs to thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that there is a form manager around, however I'm wondering how I can import the data from an input box to create a new thread using input fields located at my custom page from the page manager plugin. I have also read about xThreads, but I'm not in need of a super big application manager.

Here is just a small example (nothing fancy, just a standard application) that I would like to have added as a normal thread into a spesific forum.

Help is much appreciated!
So you want to convert all the input into a post?
An issue with this is that when the user tries to edit, they won't get nice input boxes - they'll need to edit a post.
Is this what you want? Would a posting template be suffice?
Yes this would be perfectly fine. Right now some people have problems with filling a complete template that we provide for them (within a post of our own), however when we would have something like this it will become much easier for them (and us).
It would be nice to know how I could do this Smile
Please... I would really like to know how I can insert a submitted value into a new thread.
I've taken a look over xThreads, however this seems to add a lot more than I need. The only thing I need is that my submit box will create a new thread in a forum.
Well, the only ready solution apart from the most recommended XThreads is this: http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=197 but don't know if and how it works in 1.6.15.

Otherwise you have to code it yourself - you can ask for help with that in Plugin Development forum.
Alright, that's a shame there isn't an easier way. Thanks for the information non the less. I will try out xThreads then.