MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New webhost, which files need stuff like the url adapted (example: cookies setting)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi guys,

I managed to backup my old forum + its database, and import it to my new website! Didn't expect it to work that easily, but I guess it's just my pro computer skills Toungue
But now (after fixing my login problems, thanks to the sticky post)
I would like to know if there are more files that need an url edited or something, or if that was all that needed to be done. Huh
Currently, I don't have any visible issues, but I would like to prevent them if possible.

I appreciate any help!

Greetings,

-Kevin
Did you change domains or are you keeping the same domain? If you are changing domains, you'll need to edit the URL in the mybb_settings table for bburl and cookie domain. Then, delete your inc/settings.php file. The software will build a new one.
(2014-08-09, 01:44 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you change domains or are you keeping the same domain? If you are changing domains, you'll need to edit the URL in the mybb_settings table for bburl and cookie domain. Then, delete your inc/settings.php file. The software will build a new one.
The domain changed.
Alright, did that lol.
There were still some old url values which I adapted.
Thanks man, gonna add to your rep Cool

Greetings,

-Kevin
No problem. If you have any other questions, please let us know Smile