MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default Theme is now Theme2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While making some global.css changes via FTP, I made a mistake and screwed up the forum.
Somehow, I managed to restore it.

Now, looking at the cache/themes folder in FTP, I see Theme1 and Theme2
But looking at Themes in the ACP, I see only the Default theme.
Any changes that are made in the ACP Default theme will affect Theme2

What happened to Theme1?
It seems like I could probably rename the Themes via FTP to make it right.
Is there a simple way to fix this?
Don't rename the folders in the cache folder, it won't rebuild them. Also, don't edit the files in there either. The CSS is stored in the database (specifically in mybb_themestylesheets). I suggest reimporting your theme and stop monkeying with the cache folder. Edit everything through the ACP.
(2014-08-09, 07:46 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't rename the folders in the cache folder, it won't rebuild them. Also, don't edit the files in there either. The CSS is stored in the database (specifically in mybb_themestylesheets). I suggest reimporting your theme and stop monkeying with the cache folder. Edit everything through the ACP.

Thank you.
And thank you for the insight as to how the CSS is stored.

I can't import my theme. I took the existing default theme and modified the global.css in localhost.
Then FTP'd the localhost global.css to the cache/theme1 online.
It took me a while to figure out that theme2 was now actually the default theme. And the ACP doesn't know that there is a theme1

I find the ACP a bit clumsy and slow for making lots of modifications.

At any rate, I'll mark this thread "Solved" and just deal with what I've got.
Why can't you import it? What error is it giving?