MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit user page in Admin Control Panel results in MySQL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have posted this issue on GitHub first due from what I read on forum thread, it is a bit confusing. Now here is a forum thread.
I have found a bug in administrator control panel (ACP) related to editing user profile with MyBB 1.7.2 aka MyBB 1.8 Beta 3 version.
Link: home/admin/index.php?module=user-users&action=edit&uid=1#tab_profile
When I click on "Save User" button, it loads up and say:
"MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'fid1' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE secret_userfields SET fid1='', fid2='', fid3='' WHERE ufid='1'."
I have tried changing options around to hopefully catch a field that causes it, with no luck.
I am not quite sure, but before I found this bug, I was managing a forum. The only thing I maybe (only maybe) think is the cause of this, could be that because I have deleted/removed ALL pre-defined custom user fields that came with MyBB 1.8 Beta 3 installation. Right after that, I came to editing user. The rest of change it forum-related as far as I remember. Small notes, I have provided default admin folder name, also I have changed my real table prefix to "secret_", as I don't think it has anything to do with this (my real table prefix includes random lowercase/uppercase letters, digits and ends with "_" character, and it is 16 characters long).

Click here to see image of MySQL error.
I cant reproduce this.
Can't reproduce on the latest code. This was a bug at one point, but I seemed to have fixed it last week (it was related to #1051)
Couldn't reproduce either.
Alright. Well, it will be fixed when MyBB 1.8 stable release is out, right?
Also I had noticed, it must be something related to user custom fields due when I went to edit my own profile in moderator control panel (MCP) it then said:
SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'fid1' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE secret_userfields SET fid1='', fid2='', fid3='Undisclosed' WHERE ufid='1'.
Where fid3 obviously carry out a "Sex" field value, which is (removed) custom user field.
I guess this issue can be closed now so as this thread?

Best regards, OmegaExtern Smile