MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator Control Panel IP search cause MySQL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another bug that caused MySQL error is founded in Moderator Control Panel (MCP) on IP search page using MyBB 1.7.2 a.k.a. MyBB 1.8 Beta 3 version.
Here is how I figured it. First of all, I am administrator of my own forum having full access everywhere.
I have navigated to "home/online.php" file which displays who was online in past 15 minutes and also includes each guest/user IP address below their username. Here is preview image. Note: I have edited my real IP address on HTML output to "123.123.123.123", so people don't see my real IP address, keep that in mind.
Next, I clicked on "[Lookup]" link right next to my IP address.
Link at this moment is "home/modcp.php?action=ipsearch&ipaddress=123.123.123.123&search_users=1".
Now I am in Mod CP, IP Search Results for '123.123.123.123'. IP address search has automatically filled in ipaddress value, and "Search Users" option automatically selected. I have also selected "Search Posts" option, so both options are now checked.
Here is preview image.
Then I clicked on "Find" button below, and after a page loaded, it displayed the following MySQL error:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'visibility' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT COUNT(pid) AS count FROM secret_posts WHERE ipaddress=X'5d891a1d' AND visibility >= -1
Small note, I have replaced MyBB real table prefix with "secret_" due I don't want you guys see it of course, and ipaddress is left original.
Link at this moment is "home/modcp.php?action=ipsearch", with page title being "OmegaExtern Forums - Internal Error".
Here is preview image.

Best regards, OmegaExtern.
This has already been fixed. Please use the latest github version for tests.
Thanks for telling me that .. -.-
I think I am a bit confused around here, why is MyBB blog link not updated to GitHub link instead? :/
Because only finished milestones are advertised there. And in an article about Beta 3 there is a link to Beta 3 package, which should be expected.

Despite that, I think you're partially right - the blog post should at least inform users that the bugs should be tested in the latest code from github, otherwise you may duplicate a report.

Thanks for trying though.