MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email notification not work for admin/moderator??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have set myself up with a number of accounts in my forum to test things.
2 "registered user" accounts and 2 owner/admin/moderator accounts.

I have the Registration Checkboxes Plugin (1.2) which allows users to set instant email notification etc to threads and posts.

In each account I am subscribed to all of my forums and in each userCP I have it set to receive instant email notification and subscribe to all new threads and posts.

I log out of my owner account and then login with a reg user account and send a post, but I receive no notification of it. However, I do the other way around. If I do a post from my owner account, I get a notification email to my reg user account.

Any thoughts please?
if the email notification is working then it should work for all the subscribers regardless of their position.

all the emails sent from the forum might not be delivered. mainly it depends on mail server & mail receiver.

check at System Mail Log at tools & maintenance section of admin panel. does it show any error logs ?
no it doesn't show any errors.

I have now set myself up 2 new admin accounts and deleted the old ones and the new ones work fine.
Also deleted and replaced account for the other administrator, now also working.

The original admin accounts were set up before I did the plug in, maybe that had something to do with it. Despite all the settings appearing the same, they wouldn't work but new accounts do.
I have asked for help here in the past.

I get notification if someone PM's me.
But; no notification to me as administrator or registered if someone registers or posts on the forum.

My hosting server does NOT know how to fix it.