MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password wrong in ACP when trying to upload a new avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to change my own avatar on the forums community (I run Beta3 from new installation on my own webserver php5.3.28 and MySQL5.5.31), but after that, it returned me with a password wrong notification and didn't upload the avatar at all!

I think this is a serious BUG!
(2014-08-11, 11:14 AM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to change my own avatar on the forums community (I run Beta3 from new installation on my own webserver php5.3.28 and MySQL5.5.31), but after that, it returned me with a password wrong notification and didn't upload the avatar at all!

Get GitHub release, that should be used for latest testing (not MyBB blog Beta 3 version!): click here.
Please do include screenshot(s)/image-preview with a link to each page you navigate to.
Describe what exactly you did (take a look on one of my bug submission threads).
I can't reproduce this from user control panel (UCP), and administrator control panel (ACP).
My avatar changes fine, same for account password it is alright here.
This was probably bug in Beta 3, that is fixed in latest version that you can obtain from GitHub link I told you above. Also I recommend you use PHP 5.5 instead of PHP 5.3 version.

Hehe, my guess is, it might be some kind of web-browser plugin that you have installed, and it autofills username/password fields, such plugin could be "LastPass", or "Autofill" - disable all web-browser plugins and see if this issue still occur.
If that is the case, what happened here is you probably managed your account from administrator control panel, and wanted to change your avatar, while in background such web-browser plugin automatically filled-in username/password field with your old password value.
Resulting in entered wrong password error. It is just my guess out of the head.

Regards, OmegaExtern.
There's nothing wrong with his Bug Report, it clearly says what he did and where.

But I also can't confirm this with the latest github code. However I had the issue with the autofill myself already so I think that was the issue.
I cannot confirm this or at least I cannot reproduce this bug
Can't reproduce it either, rejecting unless you provide a step-by-step bug report.
(2014-08-11, 01:25 PM)OmegaExtern Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-11, 11:14 AM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to change my own avatar on the forums community (I run Beta3 from new installation on my own webserver php5.3.28 and MySQL5.5.31), but after that, it returned me with a password wrong notification and didn't upload the avatar at all!

Get GitHub release, that should be used for latest testing (not MyBB blog Beta 3 version!): click here.
Please do include screenshot(s)/image-preview with a link to each page you navigate to.
Describe what exactly you did (take a look on one of my bug submission threads).
I can't reproduce this from user control panel (UCP), and administrator control panel (ACP).
My avatar changes fine, same for account password it is alright here.
This was probably bug in Beta 3, that is fixed in latest version that you can obtain from GitHub link I told you above. Also I recommend you use PHP 5.5 instead of PHP 5.3 version.

Hehe, my guess is, it might be some kind of web-browser plugin that you have installed, and it autofills username/password fields, such plugin could be "LastPass", or "Autofill" - disable all web-browser plugins and see if this issue still occur.
If that is the case, what happened here is you probably managed your account from administrator control panel, and wanted to change your avatar, while in background such web-browser plugin automatically filled-in username/password field with your old password value.
Resulting in entered wrong password error. It is just my guess out of the head.

Regards, OmegaExtern.

(2014-08-11, 01:58 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing wrong with his Bug Report, it clearly says what he did and where.

But I also can't confirm this with the latest github code. However I had the issue with the autofill myself already so I think that was the issue.

(2014-08-13, 04:23 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot confirm this or at least I cannot reproduce this bug

(2014-08-13, 04:29 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't reproduce it either, rejecting unless you provide a step-by-step bug report.
I guess it is happening only on Beta 3! Thanks for listening!
It is an issue with the auto fill in browsers, it sucks.
(2014-08-16, 05:47 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]It is an issue with the auto fill in browsers, it sucks.
I hope you already fixed this issue!
(2014-08-17, 03:03 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-16, 05:47 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]It is an issue with the auto fill in browsers, it sucks.
I hope you already fixed this issue!

Just clear out the password field.