MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Browse Plugins is too limited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

In ACP>Plugins>Browse Plugins, the result is limited to 10 items. Huh
I searched in /admin/modules/config/plugins.php and I not find any limitation...
So is the limit fixed by the Mods server itself?

Is it possible to call http://mods.mybb.com/xmlbrowse.php?type=mod to get all available plugins, sorted/searched by categories/keywords?

In other words, I think it should be a good idea to let the user personnalize his browsing to get a customized XML result.

Regards
The issue is the server load would go really high if you called it without any kind of limitation. What I think would be a better solution is for it to link to the mods site and have that open in a new window.
I can understand that the server load need to be kept as low as possible, this is why you need some limitation. Why not just return 10 results in a pagination frame so the users could see the content of a whole category?

Then it would need many different calls to get through the category, the author or the tags/name list.

These features would not need much code modifications, because all the infrastructure is already in place.
I agree that a pagination would be nice there.
Yes it would be nice !

But ... no reply and no change for four months!

Do you plan anything about that ?
I see pagination in the ACP when I browse plugins. It might be nice if the plugins showed in the order added with newest showing first.