MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add an ad [pop-under]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a newbie.

And I need to later add JavaScript code so that it is open for my visitors. The same window is a pop-under. And I do not know exactly where to put the code for it to be seen by all.

I appreciate if you can drill me.

Thanks for your help.
I would start with the footer template. Place the javascript before the closing </body>.
I would start off by saying if popups are already annoying, pop-unders are even worse.
(2014-08-13, 05:43 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I would start off by saying if popups are already annoying, pop-unders are even worse.

I would like to second that notion.
(2014-08-13, 05:43 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I would start off by saying if popups are already annoying, pop-unders are even worse.

So explain to me how to keep a forum / site with over 10 million visitors, which can only pop-under advertising?
(2014-08-14, 03:31 AM)KaMiNa Wrote: [ -> ]

So explain to me how to keep a forum / site with over 10 million visitors, which can only pop-under advertising?

Why do you limit yourself to popups and pop-unders? Why can't you have honest advertising? There are plugins for placing an ad after the first post, for example. There are plugins for affiliate networks. A pop-under is dishonest in that the visitor oft-times doesn't even realize that window is open, thus unlikely to give you the click-through rates which will generate more revenue for you.
(2014-08-14, 09:26 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-14, 03:31 AM)KaMiNa Wrote: [ -> ]

Why do you limit yourself to popups and pop-unders? Why can't you have honest advertising? There are plugins for placing an ad after the  first post, for example. There are plugins for affiliate networks. A pop-under is dishonest in that the visitor oft-times doesn't even realize that window is open, thus unlikely to give you the click-through rates which will generate more revenue for you.

The pop-under appears 1 time per ip every 24 hours. And it pays well. The announcement is taking up space, and appears all the time. How can that be dishonest? The advertiser prefers to own it, and pay for it ... I do not understand how you can find something that bad.
(2014-08-15, 06:36 PM)KaMiNa Wrote: [ -> ]The pop-under appears 1 time per ip every 24 hours. And it pays well. The announcement is taking up space, and appears all the time. How can that be dishonest? The advertiser prefers to own it, and pay for it ... I do not understand how you can find something that bad.

It's dishonest to open a window that a significant portion of your users don't even know is open. If you don't want to use real estate on your forum's frame, then do a popup where it is visible and can convert views into clicks (many advertisers pay more if there's a better conversion rate). I consider pop-unders as dishonest because the advertiser is paying for the ad to be seen, but you're not providing the promised service.