MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't send emails to members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am not able to send emails to my members neither does the activation email reach them or any other email I send them.If a user registers and a email is sent to them for activation they never activate their account.
Your host probably does not support e-mail. You want to contact your host and see if they have SMTP enabled in there php.ini. Most free hosts do not allow this.
I have sent them a email.But for the time being see if By looking at this we can find out if they support this service.
[Image: plan.png]
Do you pay for hosting? If you do the hosting company should have SMTP enabled. Do you use you POP3 accounts?
[Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) - Have you tried the info on that page?
I don't pay for the hosting.Its free.
I tried the page you said it says PHP could not send the mail.So does this mean I can never contact my members is there no way?
You won't be able to email your members without a modification to use an external SMTP server.
The host replied to a email I sent.They say the support SMTP and POP3.They have no paid service.It is totally for free.
I'd assume they mean for their webmail service.
Is there any such modification? The host says that only if we host a domain we will be able to use the SMTP and POP3.
Yes webmail can only be used if we have an active domain.
Help me is there any mod that can let us use a external SMTP server ?

This page has some info can it help
http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/System...ect=864853
Pages: 1 2