MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Sites - Link to your social accounts v0.3.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello all,

This is the return of Social Sites plugin that has been made by Matt Rogowski Sleepy . The plugin was last updated back in 2011, and since then a security issue made it go down the mods site and wasn't maintained since then. So here you go, the plugin is back Cool .

- Legal notice :
The modification has been made in compliance with its original license (Apache License 2.0), and Matt Rogowski's license is still included in all the plugin files.

- Notice :
Most of the core code is still intact, I didn't rewrite the code from scratch.

- Description :
The plugin makes it easy for your users to link to their social media accounts instead of linking to them in signature.

- New in version 0.3.1 :
- Fixed PHP warning on registration, due to the fact the "Show on registration" is off by default.
- Now made incompatible with 1.7, and only compatible with 1.8  Sleepy

- New in version 0.3 :
- Fixed XSS security issue that caused its removal from mods site.
- Made compatible with 1.8 Big Grin
- Revamped code.
- Got rid of admin/modules/socialsites.php, we don't need to touch the admin area, there's a hook for that Smile
- Database collation added on table creation.
- Added rel="nofollow" option on settings that is activated by default (we know how admins care about their pagerank)
- Revamped social network list (Facebook, Flickr, Google+, Instagram, Last.fm, LinkedIn, MySpace, SoundCloud, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube).
- Changed social network set.
- Fixed minor HTML issues.
- Removed CSS file, now uses default CSS options (at least until PluginLibrary is made compatible with 1.8).
- "Show on registration" is now OFF by default.
- Simplified uninstall routine.

- Screenshots :
[Image: 283cfbb5_o.png]

[Image: 5d41e406_o.png]

[Image: a182c4c1_o.png]

[Image: a801fcf2_o.png]

[Image: cddc955b_o.png]

- Support :
Support will be EXCLUSIVELY provided in this thread, and I'll be glad to do that Wink .

- License :
As the original creator had decided, this plugin and all its modifications are made freely available under the Apache License version 2.0.

- The plugin on the mods website :
From here

Meanwhile, you can download from the attachments below.
Thanks, this plugin works fine on 1.7.2 (1.8 Beta3) - I hope it will on 1.8.0 too!
Anyway, I can't find this plugin on the official list site page!
(2014-08-16, 11:36 AM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, this plugin works fine on 1.7.2 (1.8 Beta3) - I hope it will on 1.8.0 too!
Anyway, I can't find this plugin on the official list site page!

Yes, it hasn't been activated yet Confused
And I hardly doubt there will be major differences between 1.7 and 1.8 :p
On my 1.8 forum above the user CP menu displays: {socialsites_nav_option}

With no links to social sites; nor any settings in admin.
(2014-08-20, 09:39 AM)aaronnz Wrote: [ -> ]On my 1.8 forum above the user CP menu displays:  {socialsites_nav_option}

It is not compatible with 1.8 because 1.8 isn't stable yet and therefore the plugin isn't ready for 1.8

If you are using 1.8 now, looking for plugins to make a live forum... don't, because you will not be able to update from a beta. 
(2014-08-20, 09:39 AM)aaronnz Wrote: [ -> ]On my 1.8 forum above the user CP menu displays: {socialsites_nav_option}

What version exactly are you using? Because tested on the last beta version it works just fine Smile
Ah, I thought I'd fixed this and uploaded it again! Sad
(2014-08-21, 02:58 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I thought I'd fixed this and uploaded it again! Sad

You can take it back again, I'm fully focused on the API System now Smile
Updated the PHP warning issue on registration Big Grin
Great mod. Thank you very much. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4