MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: maximum server load limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep on getting the error message below when I visit my forum
The maximum server load limit has been reached. Please check back later once the server is less busy.

Searching these forums with "maximum server load limit" I found what I think may be the solution copied below.

ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization settings > *NIX Load Limiting > edit this.

*NIX Load Limiting
Limit the maximum server load before MyBB rejects people. 0 for none. Recommended limit is 5.0.

I have set the limit to 20.0.

But I am unclear as to what it is that I have done, and what future problems might occur.
Should I have made the setting 40.0.
Could someone please explain ?

My web hosts are very good with good customer service, and they have looked at this issue at their end a number of times and have assured me the error is with the software.
If you're on shared hosting I wouldn't really bother with the option, the load is likely to fluctuate a lot and isn't in your control.

The option basically closes your board if the server load is above a certain value, the load average is mostly related to CPU usage and disk I/O: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_%28computing%29
@Inafix, can we have your forum url & active plugins list
There are no active plugins at all !
They were all disabled some weeks ago. Whatever I have done today with this ...
ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization settings > *NIX Load Limiting > edit this.

Seems to have worked so far. But I am still unclear as to what I have done ?