MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB and CMS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
I would like to ask for your opinion. I am the webmaster of the page www.gluecksspielschule.de. The owner wants developments on the page. First, he wants to upload new articles more frequently. Therefore I suggested that we should use a CMS system in the future. The owner or his assistant could then upload as many texts as they want. He also wants a forum there.

I thought we should use phpBB. Which do you think would be better along with this, Joomla or WordPress? Will they not mess up with phpBB? Or is any bridge software needed?

Thanks a lot in advance

Jens
I'm not sure if you noticed, but this is the site for MyBB; we don't support phpBB.

There are several people interested in a MyBB-WordPress bridge.
MyBB IS MyCMS!
is MyCMS free? or is it more like for buisness only?
(2014-08-15, 02:34 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if you noticed, but this is the site for MyBB; we don't support phpBB.

There are several people interested in a MyBB-WordPress bridge.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I would be interested in MyCMS as well and join @jakesully 's question. Is MyCMS free?
Maybe I wasn't clear enough, sorry. You can search for a CMS over the Internet, there are many.
You could always use the Page Manger plugin.

Otherwise I did a custom request a couple months ago that instead of articles was for Tutorials. I don't do those kind of requests free though.
I like the Page Manager plugin as well. Its great advantage is that you can create new pages and everything is handled through the plugin file, plus PHP is allowed. You can also make a Who was online feature with it if you put it in the user submitted pages of the mybb site.