MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SuperAdmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry if this has been asked before, I am new to MyBB.

We are setting up a board and the SuperAdmin account got deleted. Didnt mean to, but it happened.

How can we fix it to make an admin a superadmin?
In inc/config.php find:

$config['super_admins'] = '1'; and replace the 1 with the uid of the super admin(s) seperated by a comma

Cheers,
Tikitiki
Great thanks!
Ok so that didn't work.

We went and did the edit that was mentioned above, and when that admin tried to "Edit Admin Permissions" it says.

Access Denied

You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.

What did we do wrong?
Please help us.
Making your self a Super Admin will not grant you access to the full ACP. You need to edit your Admin Permissions.

ACP > Users and Groups > Admin Permissions > *Your Username* > Edit(or Set)

Make sure everything it set to "yes".
well I am suppose to be super admin...but the prob is i get the "do not have permission to access" when i try to get to admin permissions.
Editing the config file won't allow us access to the Admin Permission section of the ACP
If nobody has access to the Admin Permissions, you'll need to edit your database. Please run the following query something like PHPMyAdmin:
UPDATE mybb_adminoptions SET caneditsettings = 'yes', caneditann = 'yes', caneditforums = 'yes', canmodposts = 'yes', caneditsmilies = 'yes', caneditpicons = 'yes', caneditthemes = 'yes', canedittemps = 'yes', caneditusers = 'yes', caneditpfields = 'yes', caneditugroups = 'yes', caneditaperms = 'yes', caneditutitles = 'yes', caneditattach = 'yes', canedithelp = 'yes', caneditlangs = 'yes', canrunmaint = 'yes', canrundbtools = 'yes' WHERE uid = '1';

Remember to change mybb_ to your board's prefix and change 1 to your user id.
Wait... I thought that as of 1.2, the super admin can't be deleted.
Right.
Pages: 1 2