MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: wrong redirect after reply as guest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is a problem, when you click reply as guest in a thread. You will be redirected to the loginpage but after login, you won't be redirected back to the thread for the reply but to the index-page....

Although the "friendly" redirect-page is telling you that you will be redirected to the page you came from.... Wink
Let's wait till pirata fixed the other issue with redirecting after login. I'm pretty sure they're caused by the same main issue.
That was the reason why I opened this thread:
(2014-08-15, 07:43 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-15, 07:33 PM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]Does above mentioned issues consider this as well?

Not really. Please create another thread for that.
Yeah, I've seen that. That's why I haven't rejected this and only said we should wait Wink
I'm not sure if I understood correctly. Are these the steps to reproduce?
1. Open a page guests (or any other group you're in can't see) - in this case newreply.php?tid=x
2. It results in a "no permission" page with login possibility.
3. Login from it.
4. I'm redirected back to newreply.php?tid=x

I tested it here with http://community.mybb.com/newreply.php?tid=157566 as a guest and it works without any problem. So I can't really understand the issue.

If you mean something else, please show your steps to reproduce.
Log out -> open any thread and try to post reply -> you must be logged in to do that, so log in -> you are not redirected back to the thread where you were before you logged in.
Just checked as per your steps in 1.8b3 and I can confirm there is NO such error.
Also, its totally different issue from the other one as Destroy said and we have already fixed that. Big Grin
That's really strange....

I could confirm this redirection problem on different 1.8 boards yesterday. Today, it is working well on every of these boards. Huh

The only problem with redirection is still the one mentioned in this thread.....
May be its your browser issue, I'm not sure.
And as I said the linked thread's problem (Redirect after login issue) has been fixed yesterday.
(2014-08-16, 10:41 AM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]I could confirm this redirection problem on different 1.8 boards yesterday. Today, it is working well on every of these boards. Huh

Marking as rejected then.

And the 2nd issue was fixed as effone said: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/1220 (not on these forums yet).
Pages: 1 2