MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add to buddy list bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you send an user a buddy request there is still an option to send a buddy request until the user responds to it (add/decline/block).
There should be a message that you have already sent a friend request to this user
Hmmm I doubt that happens. I remember adding an error message in case you try to re-send the request. Can someone confirm this?
@Pirata Nervo - please reject this. There is a message on the right top when you wanna send another request to same user
Thanks for confirming what I thought Smile Rejected.
(2014-08-16, 06:48 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm I doubt that happens. I remember adding an error message in case you try to re-send the request. Can someone confirm this?

(2014-08-16, 06:52 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]@Pirata Nervo - please reject this. There is a message on the right top when you wanna send another request to same user

I just tested this with Eldenroot's profile and the "Add to Buddy List" button is still on his profile. I say that this is a bug because 1.8 was supposed to hide things that were invalid (regular users can no longer see the Delete button in full edit, etc.). Also the confirmation page needs to be changed. It says, "The selected users have been added to your buddy list." when in fact they're not. They will need to accept your buddy request first.
Please send a screenshot
(2014-08-16, 07:02 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Please send a screenshot
Now I see - so you just wanna hide "Add to buddy list" button after you send a request, right? I was a little bit confused and your description was not good.

Anyway, there is a space for improving:
1) show different image instead of the button - something like: "Request has been sent" after you send a request
2) hide this button - it is not a good idea
(2014-08-16, 07:17 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Now I see - so you just wanna hide "Add to buddy list" button after you send a request, right? I was a little bit confused and your description was not good.

Anyway, there is a space for improving:
1) show different image instead of the button - something like: "Request has been sent" after you send a request
2) hide this button - it is not a good idea
#1 is the better choice
Pages: 1 2