MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few Things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Global username coloring: It's only partial atm and really shouldn't need a plugin to do so. I say this because honestly it looks half-assed done. Not hard to do manually either.

2. Index Prefix: Almost every board out there support this yet mybb doesn't. It would be a great feature to have to be honest and more of a standard feature.

3. External IP Lookup: Atm its all internal, a link to a third party should be use. Could even be as simple as adding this: http://whois.domaintools.com/127.0.0.1 would be a great help for admins. Default mybb check does not really check everything.

4. Multiple Banning: Add text-areas or allow multi-textboxes to ban entire brackets or lists for importing. It's a pain doing it 1 by 1. This would be a big 1up feature over other forum software even commercial for that matter.

5. Portal: If the portal is to stay in 2.0, it should become a lot more flexible. Rather then clunky and a pain to add things to it. It's currently all raw code so possibly a ajax or jQuery acp module for it would help immensely.

That's about all i can think of atm.
(2014-08-16, 03:28 AM)Oxygen Wrote: [ -> ]1. Global username coloring: It's only partial atm and really shouldn't need a plugin to do so. I say this because honestly it looks half-assed done. Not hard to do manually either.

2. Index Prefix: Almost every board out there support this yet mybb doesn't. It would be a great feature to have to be honest and more of a standard feature.

3. External IP Lookup: Atm its all internal, a link to a third party should be use. Could even be as simple as adding this: http://whois.domaintools.com/127.0.0.1 would be a great help for admins. Default mybb check does not really check everything.

4. Multiple Banning: Add text-areas or allow multi-textboxes to ban entire brackets or lists for importing. It's a pain doing it 1 by 1. This would be a big 1up feature over other forum software even commercial for that matter.

5. Portal: If the portal is to stay in 2.0, it should become a lot more flexible. Rather then clunky and a pain to add things to it. It's currently all raw code so possibly a ajax or jQuery acp module for it would help immensely.

That's about all i can think of atm.

1. Usergroups are your solution to this.
2. Can you give more information?
3. If I remember correctly, MyBB doesn't really like relying on third party services.
4. I remember this being possible in vB3. Would be a nice addition.
5. Good idea.
1. Usergroup color does not cover the entire board currently, it should be display globally is what i was saying.
2. Is showing the prefix on main index and other areas it's missing.
(2014-08-19, 12:33 PM)Oxygen Wrote: [ -> ]1. Usergroup color does not cover the entire board currently, it should be display globally is what i was saying.
2. Is showing the prefix on main index and other areas it's missing.

Oh, you mean showing usergroup colours on the index? The problem with this is that MyBB caches the lastpost / lastposter data on the index for speed, instead of using heavier queries. An optional setting might be useful, however the index is a very heavily hit part of the forums.

2. Again, I'd imagine that this is for performance reasons.
(2014-08-19, 03:31 PM)Axareal Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, you mean showing usergroup colours on the index? The problem with this is that MyBB caches the lastpost / lastposter data on the index for speed, instead of using heavier queries. An optional setting might be useful, however the index is a very heavily hit part of the forums.
You could also cache the display style - use 1 db field for the User ID (needed to create profile links etc) and one field for the username in html markup... when the cache is updated this data sould be available... but that would require quite some changes, so I don't think it is suitable for 1.8.*

€2.0 Forum, so one could think about that, ...
(2014-08-19, 06:43 PM)Nik101010 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-19, 03:31 PM)Axareal Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, you mean showing usergroup colours on the index? The problem with this is that MyBB caches the lastpost / lastposter data on the index for speed, instead of using heavier queries. An optional setting might be useful, however the index is a very heavily hit part of the forums.
You could also cache the display style - use 1 db field for the User ID (needed to create profile links etc) and one field for the username in html markup... when the cache is updated this data sould be available... but that would require quite some changes, so I don't think it is suitable for 1.8.*

€2.0 Forum, so one could think about that, ...

That would make it harder for plugins to get immediate access to the username. One use-case for this are SEO plugins, which may want to use someone's name in the URL.
One of MyBB's strengths is how easy it is to extend.
absolutely all of them, especially public ban should be
If there is a portal, it should support being located anywhere on the server (same folder as forum, up one level from the forum, etc) thus no relative paths.

if there is a portal, it would be nice if it was block/widget driven, with custom widgets as well.