MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: global.css character limit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does global.css (or any CSS, for that matter) in the Admin CP have a character limit? I'm submitting changes, and they work and are applied live to the site, but the version of it in the editor is still truncated. Not sure how much CSS I lost to this but it seems quite bad.
Yes, I think it's 65.534 or something related to that number of characters.

It's better for you to create a new stylesheet.
(For what it's worth, my global.css is over 3600 lines, so the onus is on me to bring that down, but I don't think MyBB should be deleting my CSS without warning. :') )
(2014-08-17, 02:20 AM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I think it's 65.534 or something related to that number of characters.

It's better for you to create a new stylesheet.

Thanks for letting me know.

There should really be a warning for this.
Yes, I have that problem too and lost about 50 classes/id's...
that is limit of the text field used for storing the style sheets in the database ..
(this thread might be interesting)
FWIW, 1.8 uses LONGTEXT for the stylesheets column which is limited to 4,294,967,295 bytes (4GiB). 1.6 uses plain 'ol TEXT which is 65k. It should be okay to change that yourself now, but it could cause complications during the actual 1.8 upgrade.

I personally don't bother with the inbuilt stylesheet editor, I just store them separate so I can use git to version them and changed the CSS loading in global.php to output those instead.
Thanks!