MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [request] Something like smf's tinyportal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I still use SMF on one of my forum, One of the reasons why I can't switch to Mybb is that I use a mod for smf called Tinyportal which offers many advanced features.

It's more advanced than Mybb's portal, It offers:
1- A download center.
2- Articles system with WYSIWYG editor.
3- Advanced blocks organization.
4- Different types of blocks allowed (php/html/etc)
5- Shoutbox
6- Easy to modify portal

I would love to have something like this, And If there isn't, I still love Mybb. Smile
Bump.
I think that the portal page should be improved like you said, IMHO. ;-)
Yes indeed it should... vbulletins is really nice.
may we have to ask for that in the ideas site.. or as a new suggestion I think?
The MyBB portal won't allow to what side you want the blocks and all that (which would be a nice feature). The download center can be turned on and off with your portal idea Mamoun, since there is a mod called download center or something. Smile Great ideas.
you can always edit portal.php
Give it a few months. I am gonna attack this when 1.4 is released. I want to see what the MyBB team does with 1.4 before starting something of that nature.
pepotiger Wrote:may we have to ask for that in the ideas site.. or as a new suggestion I think?
I think the current portal is enough for basic needs, So It's better to keep the advanced portal as a mod.

Shaythong Wrote:The MyBB portal won't allow to what side you want the blocks and all that (which would be a nice feature). The download center can be turned on and off with your portal idea Mamoun, since there is a mod called download center or something. Smile Great ideas.
Indeed, The download center plugin is more friendly than TP's one. Smile

kjaonline Wrote:you can always edit portal.php
But what about the other features?

labrocca Wrote:Give it a few months.  I am gonna attack this when 1.4 is released. I want to see what the MyBB team does with 1.4 before starting something of that nature.
That sounds great, Thanks labrocca. Smile