MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Library Compatibility with 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the process of upgrading my site to 1.8 locally and that involves going through all of my plugins. I use several plugins that require the PluginLibrary plugin to be installed. I went ahead and transferred over the plugin file and updated the compatibility in the plugin from "16*" to "1*" so it can be used. When I activate/install the plugin, I get the success message that this particular plugin doesn't need to be activated or installed, exactly what it is supposed to do.

However, when I try and install a plugin that requires the Plugin Library, I get an error message that says that Plugin Library has not been found. Does anybody know why this is or what changed between myBB 1.6 and 1.8 that would cause issues with the PluginLibrary?

Thanks!
The PluginLibrary doesn't require any changes, it even works when the compatibility line isn't changed.

I think this is more an issue with the plugin you try to install, we haven't changed anything related to plugins (except some new hooks). Which plugin exactly did you try to install?
It was a custom plugin that I wrote for my board. I figured out what was wrong after a little bit of digging:

I was missing this at the beginning of my plugin file:

if(!defined("PLUGINLIBRARY"))
{
    define("PLUGINLIBRARY", MYBB_ROOT."inc/plugins/pluginlibrary.php");
}

Works like a charm now!