MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is best server software for pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi i was using Wamp server but in its some webdites are not displaying well, so any good paid all in 1 server for pc...?
I assume you're looking for a development stack.

I personally don't use one, but the last time I did, EasyPHP was my friend. Very simple to install, and worked well.
Yes , i want fully featured software which have almost all features which is on dedicated server like jave cgi perl mysql ssh etc etc..
By which all websites script can run easily on my pc
You could also try XAMPP
https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html

It won't give you ssh on your Windows PC though.
On windows I usually go WAMP or XAMPP and on mac I use MAMP Pro (every day)
(2014-08-19, 04:59 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ].[..] I use Mac Pro (every day)

Do you mean MAMP Pro?

Anyways, on my computers, I use AMPPS from Softaculous. It gives you a free copy of Softaculous to use on your dev machine, can automatically update your hosts file, allows you to change your PHP version, etc. It's very nice software, IMO.
(2014-08-19, 03:21 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]You could also try XAMPP
https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html
This ones good, tho mysqld.exe in latest releases tends to eat more memory than expected.
There is fix to decrease it by adding table_definition_cache = 200 to [mysqld] in my.ini
(2014-08-22, 01:44 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-19, 04:59 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ].[..] I use Mac Pro (every day)

Do you mean MAMP Pro?

Anyways, on my computers, I use AMPPS from Softaculous. It gives you a free copy of Softaculous to use on your dev machine, can automatically update your hosts file, allows you to change your PHP version, etc. It's very nice software, IMO.

0_o I'm going to blame autocorrect on that one. Then again it could just be my tired brain...
Vagrant. Automatic set up of Linux virtual machines, can't get much closer to a 'real' server than the same software stack. Use PuPHPet for quick PHP setups.

If you're running Linux as your desktop OS already then Docker - much more resource friendly than a full VM and lets you easily set up consistent environments. There is a PHP template available.
Node.
Pages: 1 2