MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Version 1.8 Question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to start a forum but i'm confused...!

Should i wait for 1.8 release or i should use 1.6.15 version with 1.6x custom theme?
1.8 should be released soon, but you should use 1.6.15 now because a lot of the interface will be the same so you get familiar with where things are.
Like dragonexpert said, stick with 1.6 until 1.8 is release. It will be better that way.
(2014-08-19, 06:07 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]1.8 should be released soon, but you should use 1.6.15 now because a lot of the interface will be the same so you get familiar with where things are.

any upcoming release date? any idea?
They have already upgraded this forum to MyBB 1.8 and are working on final issues. There is no published date, but most likely it will be released within a couple of weeks from the looks of it.
(2014-08-19, 06:11 PM)DevilKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-19, 06:07 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]1.8 should be released soon, but you should use 1.6.15 now because a lot of the interface will be the same so you get familiar with where things are.

any upcoming release date? any idea?

Couple of weeks - a month I would say.