MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Question not in new Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've created a new theme by following the instructions in this very good thread: How to create a theme
The new theme looks good and seems to function properly. . .
Except the plugin "Security Registration Question" is not employed for new registrations (which I've had working with the default theme for quite some time now).

If I switch back to the default theme, then the Security Question box will appear as it should during registration.
But when using my new theme set as "default theme" then the SRQ question box will NOT appear.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Aw snap!  Got it figured out.
The plugin has to be activated WHILE the new theme is set as default.
Solution: deactivate the the plugin.  Set new theme as default. . .then activate the plugin.
newly added theme doesn't need to be the default theme to make the plugins work. And most of the plugins require
deactivating & reactivating so that they can make required code modifications in the newly added themes' templates.
(2014-08-20, 04:45 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]newly added theme doesn't need to be the default theme to make the plugins work. And most of the plugins require
deactivating & reactivating so that they can make required code modifications in the newly added themes' templates.

Understood.  The plan is to have a summer, fall, winter and spring theme.  Then change each one to default as the seasons change.