MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Beta] Optimized WOL (who's online)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This modification alters the way myBB stores its list of online users. By default this list is stored on the hard disk.

With my modification the online list is stored in the webserver's memory, allowing it to be updated and read from much quicker, because access to memory is much quicker then reading/updating the hard disk. In time this will even become more useful, when I modify the code to support log-in's without cookies a hash will be stored on this table, but more on that in time Smile

This hack requires two php code changes in two files, and one mySQL query to alter the table type. It will add one query to every page load remove old records from the WOL list if they exist (this is to keep the forum from hogging to much memory). In time I will restrict when this query runs so it will only happen once every 15 minutes or so.

You should see a speed increase with this, in time I will look into adding other info to this table to avoid more disk reads.
sounds good, will test it when I am back at home