MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to upload all the new version files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am a newbie.
I am following the directions on the upgrading to new version (I am going 1.6.13 to 1.6.15)
and I am after some more detail on this instruction:

1. Upload ALL of the files and folders inside the package (from inside the "Upload" folder if using the latest version/full package), including the ./install/ folder (if it exists), overwriting the existing copies of the files in your file system.

I am using a CPanel and files upload one at  a time (too long) or I can upload a zip and open it in cpanel (which I was just about to do)
However I want to check that's the right thing to do. 
If I upload the whole zip file of version 1.6.15 that I downloaded from myBB blog, into my root directory and open it there, will all the subdirectories open and do the right thing, overwrite the old directories etc?

When I unzipped it on my computer there was a documentation directory and an upload directory.  
Is there a better way to do this please?
thanksHuh
you have to upload the contents of upload folder - not the folder but all its contents.

you can make a zip file consisting of contents of the upload folder and use it. however
you have to ensure from your webhost that existing files get overwritten. some servers
delete everything in the existing folder and upload the new contents. this should be
prevented.

And just as precaution,
take backups of the database, ./inc/config.php & ./inc/settings.php files
thanks .m.
This is getting hard!
I will set up a ticket to check about overwriting existing rather than deleting all.
I have backed up my databases via my board adminCP
I have made a change log using my admin log info and copied all the template files I have made modifications to using the diff feature that shows the changes.
I have done a backup of all my files in CPanel - I assume this included ./inc/config.php & ./inc/settings.php files
but I'll particularly copy them again.
I foolishly did not backup the language files (or all my files) I deleted the other day that you mentioned re the lost password issue. Now I have lost some functionality - new people can't register, I also can't go to configuration in Admin CP, so hoping upgrade will put the files back but I doubt it as I only see english in the upgrade, not englishGB (though I did not think I removed any GB files).
thanks

ok, I seem to have succeeded in doing the upgrade.
However I still have the problem with the languages. I want to install those necessary.

e.g. I get this message when I try to register as a new user:

/home/paraboss/public_html/inc/languages/englishgb/automaticsubscriptions.lang.php does not exist

but as far as I know I did not delete anything from the english gb directory.
Go to your /inc/languages/englishgb folder and see if the file automaticsubscriptions.lang.php exists. If it doesn't, reupload that file.
dragonexpert
No it does not exist in there and I don't know where to get it from,
I've been looking all over this site and can't find them

do you know where I can get them?
thanks

I have found that file in a plugin download, on my computer and I have reuploaded it and I can now register a new user.

PLease note that on the Translations page on this site, http://www.mybb.com/download/translations/
that the English (United Kingdom) link does not download anything.
thanks