MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add description meta tag to forumbit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to add description meta tag to forumbit template without a plugin? Is there a plugin for this?
(2014-08-20, 12:43 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to add description meta tag to forumbit template without a plugin? Is there a plugin for this?

So, you want to add meta tag to forumbit, without a plugin, but you do want it?

I'm sure you could just do:
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta name="description" content="">
<meta name="keywords" content="">
<meta name="author" content="">
</head>
... //Forum stuff here

Thanks buddy but you can't just add description to the template directly since it will show the same description for all forums. You need a plugin to add description and then show it according to forum FID.

Anyways thanks I found the way.
xthreads plugin

add text field 'topic summary' displayed on 'new thread' max 150 characters then output contents of this field as meta
this way you can have nice description per thread where user who create thread will have to fill this in depending on thread content.

(not mention you can also output contents of this field on list of threads as tooltip or even directly under thread title.)
Incredible forum. But i want to learn about the rules of posting. Can I have a signature.?
(2014-08-21, 03:15 AM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]xthreads plugin

add text field 'topic summary' displayed on 'new thread' max 150 characters then output contents of this field as meta
this way you can have nice description per thread where user who create thread will have to fill this in depending on thread content.

(not mention you can also output contents of this field on list of threads as tooltip or even directly under thread title.)

Thanks buddy I just realized that SEO Plugin adds meta tag description to forumbit template.