MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8 Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are there any "released" 1.8 themes available besides the Apart default ?

or, are there "core planned changes" in 1.8 so designers aren't making themes yet ?
I have a couple themes ready for 1.8 as I'm sure other designers do too. We're just waiting for the official release to put them out.
I'd say most people have things ready to go through a final test and release once an official 1.8 is released. They have had plenty of time to play around Smile
I'm waiting release 1.8 Smile and new themes.
I have some plugins to release, just waiting for the final version!
I have been really lazy and haven't really had a chance to release any new themes at all. Hopefully I may port some old themes over to 1.8 (recoded from scratch and heavily updated to new standards) to get my theme development rolling again. Toungue
I'm waiting for a finalized 1.8 to start working on my themes. 99% of the time if a code change affects your plugin you might need to instead step back and think if that's the best way to do something. The themes on the other hand often require knowing which templates were fixed, what was fixed, and if you need to implement those fixes in your theme (and $deity help you if they added or drastically changed something that requires a rewrite). Much easier to just wait until the theme is frozen.
The theme may not be frozen after 1.8.0 is released though, there may be changes on upcoming minor releases.

Nothing major but still.
I just watch MyBB's Github for any potential template changes, and if I miss one (That involves a template I've made changes to) it usually shows up while I'm browsing around in the theme double checking everything.
(2014-08-22, 01:29 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]The theme may not be frozen after 1.8.0 is released though, there may be changes on upcoming minor releases.

Nothing major but still.

But nowhere near the amount of changes as there were when things were still getting started. I'm sure it's not as bad now though, I could probably get started. I just need to wait for [1291] to get fixed so I can finish up the plugin I'm working on (just adding all the new who's online locations). Then I can make things pretty (for lesser values of pretty).
Pages: 1 2