MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP.Board 3.1.4 (IPB) to MyBB (1.6.15)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody had any success converting from IP Board 3.1.4 to MyBB.

According to the Merge System: http://www.mybb.com/download/merge-system/ It only supports Invision Power Board 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3?

IP Board 2.3 was released in 2007! Are the merge system docs just out of date?
The docs are outdated but the merge system too. The current official release (1.6.14) only supports IPB 2, however we have already an IPB 3 beta module which will be released with the next release.

If you now what you do you can try it (and report bugs) as I doubt it'll work without problems.
Do you have a download link to the IPB 3 beta? Also do you have an ETA on the next official release that includes this?
The new version can be downloaded here. You can either use the complete new merge system or you copy the ipb3 directory and the ipb3.php file into your current installation (boards folder).

We don't have any ETAs but it will be released some time after 1.8. Probably with 1.8.1 but that's not sure.
Thanks, I'll give the new merge system a go. Do you recommend using the whole new system or as above copying the ipb3 directory with the old?
It shouldn't matter, the main difference is the new design. But the new merge system works only with MyBB 1.8.
The IPB3 module was written using the old one so it should still work with it.
(2014-08-21, 10:36 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]But the new merge system works only with MyBB 1.8.

Why do you force everyone to use 1.8? Not everyone wants to upgrade to 1.8. It's a pain for big board owners.
If you own a big board I doubt you'll use the merge system Toungue Anyways, that's how all softwares work when releasing a major version. In addition this shouldn't be discussed in merge support.
I have modified the ipb3 beta module to work almost perfectly the only issue being the same issue in the unmpdded version, UTF8 conversion has issues.

Link: http://community.mybb.com/thread-157470.html
I have just performed the merge using alex809's download, "merge", everything seems to be working OK I cannot even see the known error of UTF8 HTML in any posts or threads?

I do however have a major problem. None of the existing users can log in. I had the loginconvert.php file uploaded to inc/plugins before I run the merge. I have tried deactivating and reactivating it to no avail.

The user created during MyBB install works and a newly registered user works, it's just the existing converted users.

I also tried the newer 18* loginconvert.php and changed the compatibility to 16* but that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

I've just logged in to the mybb database and all of the password fields are blank and the loginkey fields are showing as 0.

I've reset an existing users password through the ACP and it's now showing up in the DB.

Any idea why this would happen?

Getting users to reset their password via: http://www.mancriders.co.uk/member.php?action=lostpw works also.

Something else I noticed during the Merge.

When in Module Selection > Attachments, I got this error so skipped importing those.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'mancride_ipb.conf_settings' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT conf_value FROM conf_settings WHERE conf_key = 'upload_url' LIMIT 1

And the final thing for now, PMs look to have been migrated and are showing in mybb_privatemessages but private messages in the UCP are (Unread 0, Total 0).