MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New server email notification now getting filtered as SPAM!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I recently changed hosting and moved my dedicated to KH. Problem is now all my email notifications are getting automatically filtered as Spam in Gmail and Yahoo.

I've tried setting up my own email account on my server and using it's credentials as my SMTP server but this didn't resolve it.

I've heard of using Mandrill or other third party services but currently I send around 10k emails a day and it would be very costly.

Currently my options are:
- use a third party service
- wait and hopefully eventually my IP's email reputation in Gmail and Yahoo will fix itself

I've asked my hosting company to change my server's IPs, is this a possible fix?

I'm really surprised how easily this can happen but how few options there are....
(2014-08-21, 01:57 PM)NeoCHI Wrote: [ -> ]So I recently changed hosting and moved my dedicated to KH. Problem is now all my email notifications are getting automatically filtered as Spam in Gmail and Yahoo.

I've tried setting up my own email account on my server and using it's credentials as my SMTP server but this didn't resolve it.

I've heard of using Mandrill or other third party services but currently I send around 10k emails a day and it would be very costly.

- wait and hopefully eventually my IP's email reputation in Gmail and Yahoo will fix itself

I've asked my hosting company to change my server's IPs, is this a possible fix?

I'm really surprised how easily this can happen but how few options there are....

Sounds like your server is black listed. You might have to contact Yahoo/Gmail and have them white list it for you!
(2014-08-21, 03:52 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-21, 01:57 PM)NeoCHI Wrote: [ -> ]So I recently changed hosting and moved my dedicated to KH. Problem is now all my email notifications are getting automatically filtered as Spam in Gmail and Yahoo.

Sounds like your server is black listed. You might have to contact Yahoo/Gmail and have them white list it for you!

I'm not blacklisted. If I was my emails wouldn't even send to gmail or yahoo. Instead they're filtering me as Spam.

I need help with this issue desperately. It's affecting new member registrations!
Blacklist isn't an outright ban (usually), just an immediate send-to-spam thingy. You can check of you're on them here: http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Also check you have accurate SPF and reverse DNS records for your domain, they help a lot in regards to filtering.
(2014-08-22, 08:50 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]Blacklist isn't an outright ban (usually), just an immediate send-to-spam thingy. You can check of you're on them here: http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Also check you have accurate SPF and reverse DNS records for your domain, they help a lot in regards to filtering.

I've check and am on two blacklists which I've applied to get delisted from.

I've also checked my SPF and reverse DNS which are all valid.

Do I just wait now? How long does it take to build good reputation?