MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB ~ Explication plss !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys,
I am making the new forum and i am trying to secure my forum in many ways.
I did Admin CP PIN, .httaces on config and inc directories,
Password protect in Directories, but i cannot understand those tips
Htpasswd your admin directory
Add minimal CHMOD permissions to files

How i can set up Htpasswd for admin directory ,and permissions for CHMOD files.
Please tell me guys how to do that thing in a short tutorial, because i should have
an good security for my forum ! thanks
If your host has CPanel installed, there is a link that says Password Protect Directories. Use that to assign a password to the admin directory.

Minimal permissions for files means 0644 for permissions. You can easily adjust these in FTP. Note that inc/settings.php must be 0666.
F*k this, it makes me angry, i installed 2Step authoratization and when i deactivated it shows
me error file config, etc.
I tried to install again this plugin by removing the plugin first, but no effect.
Also now i can't login in my admin Cp , becase it shows me Invalind Administrator Session .
So i can'n understand this MyBB anymore and i am uninstalling my forum completely and to install PHP or XenFORO.
(2014-08-21, 06:13 PM)beh4R Wrote: [ -> ]F*k this,  it makes me angry, i installed 2Step authoratization and when i deactivated it shows
me error file config, etc.
I tried to install again this plugin by removing the plugin first, but no effect.
Also now i can't login in my admin Cp , becase it shows me Invalind Administrator Session .
So i can'n understand this MyBB anymore and i am uninstalling my forum completely and to install PHP or XenFORO.

i can help you with your issues and set them up for you if you want to Smile have used MyBB quite alot so i know how to setup most of it.
Do you have cPanel as a control panel? If so, look for the 'Password Protect Directory' and set a password there. This will prompt for a password whenever you visit the directory you specify.

To CHMOD files, again, are you using cPanel? If so, open the file manager and find your MyBB directory. Right click it and click change permissions or you can do this via FTP.

Edit: Just seen the above replies. For the invalid admin session, can you try in another browser and see if that works?
I Protected all fieles with password
But now believe me it's fu//ed . i can't fix those errors,
i tried in another browser to login , but same message, Invalid Admin Session.
It tooked me 2 days , all day just customizing my forum, and now i should remove in a minute. and try another cms Forum@@

Quote:It tooked me 2 days , all day just customizing my forum, and now i should remove in a minute. and try another cms Forum@@

Well, you screwed it up. You could have done that with any forum system. There's no point in putting the blame on MyBB and saying you're going to switch to another software. These things happen.

You talk about an error with the config file but I've yet to see any error posted. You need to provide enough information, clearly, so people can help you. Otherwise you're not going to get the help you want and you'll give yourself a bad experience with MyBB.
No need to uninstall your board, things happen. Once resolved you should be fine.

Are you able to successfully login and browse around the front end of your forum or does both the front end and admin area give you issues when logging in?

Please take a look at this thread also: http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html
Thread can be moved to solved, because i uninstalled completely MyBB and installed again.
Now i am trying to secure my forum, with CHMOD permissions .
Sorry to hear you had to completely reinstall MyBB. Another way to secure your form is to keep your plugins to a minimal, or check if they're secure or have vulnerabilities. Qualys provide a vulnerability scan of your website if you're familiar with PHP.
Pages: 1 2