MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Mods Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have other teams why not a mods team? I have several reasons for suggesting this.

1. A group of people to work on core modifications. Example: Coin system, blog, photo gallery etc.. Mods like this IMO are needed to attract users of other software and mod makers.

2. A group of people always work better on project(s) more so than one. The project benefits from multiple people in both coding and release times.

3. MyBB needs modification scripts that can be universally changed when the forum software is upgraded instead of waiting for a script writer that may never show up again(months and years). This way as the team changes, the code can be changed freely under MyBB without issues under the original code writer. Just like the MyBB software iteself.

Ok, this is just a suggestion, don't burn me at the stake Toungue Big Grin
Um...what do you mean by "other teams"

Basically we have: Management, Developers, and Support Team (which also includes a Wiki team).
DennisTT Wrote:Um...what do you mean by "other teams"

Basically we have: Management, Developers, and Support Team (which also includes a Wiki team).

Right DennisTT Smile It would be nice to add Mod Developers to the list above you mentioned. We have Core Developers, so this would of course be in addition to them (You) Smile
The problem is that this is a community. The community should be the ones who develop modifications as it is. We just don't have lots of people who are dedicated to making modifications to MyBB. Nothing anybody can do about this.
hemi Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:Um...what do you mean by "other teams"

Right DennisTT Smile It would be nice to add Mod Developers to the list above you mentioned. We have Core Developers, so this would of course be in addition to them (You) Smile

There are "Established Authors" on http://mods.mybboard.com/.

The point I was trying to make above is that we don't have teams for customization (well ok the language translator team is half a team Wink) yet. And if we have a mods team, then we'd need a theme team or else people will start complaining and everything.

I think Tikitiki makes a good point. Themes and mods can be made by everybody, and they don't need to be just by a "team"