MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another portal question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been through the search for this but I think the coding may be outdated as they don't seem to work anymore or not everything about the changes are posted.

I'm wanting to make the portal my starting page.I did this before long ago but with a different version and it worked but it seems this new version may be coded different so what I did before will not work correctly.

I did try the redirect mod but thats not what I want.

Last I knew you changed portal.php to index.php and index.php to index2.php and a couple other changes to other files and template code changes.I even looked up my old post of this back in Aug 2005 http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=3471 but those instructions don't seem to work now.
Just rename index.php to forums.php and portal.php to index.php.

Then edit the header template and make a link in the toplinks area to forums.php. You'll have to use something like:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php">Home</a>
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php">Forums</a>

In global.php, find:
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";
Change to:
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/forums.php";
I did the above except the header...perhaps this is why I get this error code at the top of my board?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cinema/public_html/nocturna/global.php:1) in /home/cinema/public_html/nocturna/inc/functions.php on line 1121
Please make sure that there are no blank spaces at the top of the file global.php before <?php.
There is definitely no space
Can you please attach the file here?
Global.php file?
Yes, the one you're using in your forums.
Here you go Smile
And thank you for the help Smile
I cannot see anything wrong with the file but I cannot see the changes you made, too. Rolleyes
Does ist work if you use the original global.php from the download package?
Pages: 1 2