MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: editing yourself in admin cp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my forum i am trying to edit a few things about my account, firstly i have made a few secret forums for my users and i wish to include myself in the group of people that can see it via the additional user groups and when i try i get the message

Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.

I also cannot even edit my own profile or anything at all, any time i try i keep getting that message.  I have accessed the forum as other admins and i can edit everyone except my profile on the forums.

Anyone any ideas at all what could be causing this and how i could fix it?

Im fully upgraded
are you admin with user id 1 ? if not add your user id number for super admins in ./inc/config.php file

/**
 * Super Administrators
 *  A comma separated list of user IDs who cannot be edited, deleted or banned in the Admin CP.
 *  The administrator permissions for these users cannot be altered either.
 */

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

if above doesn't help then contact your web host and ask to disable mod_security if they have enabled it.
im sorry im very much a noob with this. i assume i am user id 1 as i set this up. i will try to discover whats going on through the way you suggested. would the diasable mod_security definately work if i am user id 1

ok so my user id is 1. i will contact my webhost