MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Empty attachments are not uploaded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB 1.8 does not support empty attachments - they are not being uploaded without an error message.

Steps to reproduce on windows 7: Create a new text file,  name it "MyAttachment" and try to add it as attachment to a post. Click Upload Attachment.

The 0kb file is not being uploaded without any error message. If you add text to the file like I did here, it'll be uploaded without an issue - so it is no problem of the attachment type.

Why is this important?
Some of our client forums do use Etherpad as a default attachment to use MyBB as kind of a wiki. It is also useful for placeholders.
if empty files are not uploaded then there should be a error message. anyway, tested it on localhost 1.8 forum
(1atest version as on 18th Aug 2014) and blank file uploaded & shown as 3 bytes file (win xp - blank.txt)

Edit: that blank file was saved as unicode file hence got attached !  ANSI blank file did not upload
There should be a warning message
Thank you for confirming this issue guys. I hope this will be pushed to github...
I can confirm too.

Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1324

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group