MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML Character Limit In Templates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello MyBBers!

I am trying to incorporate the HTML from a pre-existing page into a new page on my forum.  The page has extensive HTML, as it outlined 58 episodes of a TV series, and has the schema markup for Google and Shcema.org.

I keep getting cut off right at the end of season 1. 

Is there a limit to the number of characters that can be used in an HTML template?

Here is the sample page, forgive the missing images please.  That file is yet to be uploaded.

Steven

http://thebionicwoman.com/episodes.php
(2014-08-22, 06:49 PM)Streder Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a limit to the number of characters that can be used in an HTML template?

It is limited by the configuration of a database table that the templates are stored in. You can change type of template field from TEXT to MEDIUMTEXT or LONGTEXT (use second if the first one is still not enough) in the structure of mybb_templates table by executing this SQL query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_templates CHANGE template template MEDIUMTEXT
Excellent response, and I thank you very much!
You might also consider assigning a variable in that template to load another template. When I would write walkthroughs, I often did 1-2 chapters per template. This makes it easy to change if something isn't right.