MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need an EXPERT advice! Want to remove js files.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need an expert tell me what will stop working if I remove:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1603"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1603"></script>

I can see that only expcolimage will stop working.
Since i don't use mark this forum as read I think I don't need an extra 100kb!

Please move to template since I am about to ask question not related to General forum!

Can anybody post only JavaScript to collapse and expand expcolimage.
I'm fairly certain without prototype.js you won't be able to use inline moderation.
Yeah you right completely forgot about that Smile Gotta keep them man.
How come 1.8 has such a small files 30kb only!

Do I really need 100kb of code for inline moderation???? Please can anybody tell me what code should I keep for inline moderation to work??
You shouldn't touch these files if you want a fully functional forum. Removing them will break many features including these in ACP - forum permission dropables, popup windows, plugins that use Prototype, etc.
Pretty much all javascript functionality will break if you remove these, they're like the main files. It's things like quick reply, multiquote, everything. 100kb is not a lot considering these should get cached by the browser anyway, so they shouldn't be requested from the server on every page load.
You right guys thanks for your support
(2014-08-22, 08:39 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]How come 1.8 has such a small files 30kb only!

Quote:jQuery: The Write Less, Do More, JavaScript Library.