MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post editor - parser bug for emoticons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
for me not happen anything...
I can reproduce this.
what wrong i making to i can't reproduce this issue?

(2014-08-23, 09:07 AM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]copy these

:S :S :S :S

then go to editor, paste it and press enter many times. Cant reproduce it still ?

ok this is how you can reproduce ...

1. qoute her message .... like i did.
2. copy/paste the 4 smileys out side the qouted message ( you are still in editor here ).
3. click once on "View Source" button ( Ctrl+Shift+S ) , here you will notice the colons are bolded ... no problem let them be.
3a. click again on the "View Source" button.
3b. put your cursor after last smiley.
4. start hitting Enter.

:S :S :S ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
(2014-08-23, 11:15 AM)ekoice Wrote: [ -> ](...) here you will notice the colons are bolded ... no problem let them be. (...)

it was necessary to display raw :S in description instead of emoticon,
but as you noticed it does not even matter because this bug triggers with or without it the same.

Perhaps severity of it, depends on how someone is typing, so for some people it may happen very rarely
or never while for others commonly which gives just bad experience.

Can also copy it directly from post or even type yourself, just note that its random and may not appear on first try,
but for sure will come if you try more.
(2014-08-23, 11:15 AM)ekoice Wrote: [ -> ]ok this is how you can reproduce ...

1. qoute her message .... like i did.
2. copy/paste the 4 smileys out side the qouted message ( you are still in editor here ).
3. click once on "View Source" button ( Ctrl+Shift+S ) , here you will notice the colons are bolded ... no problem let them be.
3a. click again on the "View Source" button.
3b. put your cursor after last smiley.
4. start hitting Enter.

:S :S :S ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

thanks...
now i can reproduced...

but i can't reproduce in my installation... very strange...
(2014-08-23, 12:24 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]but i can't reproduce in my installation... very strange...

me neither
(2014-08-23, 12:27 PM)ekoice Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-23, 12:24 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]but i can't reproduce in my installation... very strange...

me neither

i tested again, download now fresh feature of github, and tested... but not possible reproduce...
for me only here (community.mybb)
I'm rejecting this as I consider this _extremely_ low priority to be even considered a bug. I hope you understand.
Pages: 1 2