MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Block & Blue theme help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Needing help with the Block & Blue theme.
Theme link: http://mods.mybb.com/view/block-blue

First question, How can i go about adding more links to the nav bar? I know the way of going to my header template and adding them in there, in which i did... but no matter where i put them at, they always end up going to the end.. which i'm trying to make a Home and Forums in there at the front.

Nav Bar currently when i added into header: [Image: ba2ab77c880c3e56a9a8b857f4559c86.png]

Next question, anyway to change the theme color? It's currently blue, wanting to change it to a dark orange.

Thanks for any assitance given!
Still needing help with this.
in header template replace this:

<ul>
		<li class="search"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php">{$lang->toplinks_search}</a></li>
		<li class="memberlist"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php">{$lang->toplinks_memberlist}</a></li>
		<li class="calendar"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php">{$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a></li>
		<li class="help"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></li>
	</ul>

with :

<ul>
     <li class="portalpage"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php"> Home </a></li>
     <li class="forumindex"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php"> Forum </a></li>
     <li class="search"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php">{$lang->toplinks_search}</a></li>
     <li class="memberlist"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php">{$lang->toplinks_memberlist}</a></li>
     <li class="calendar"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php">{$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a></li>
     <li class="help"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></li>
</ul>

go to global.css and find:

.menu .search a, 
.menu .memberlist a, 
.menu .calendar a,
.menu .help a {
	float: left;
        text-indent: -99999px;
        margin-right: 35px;
}

replace with :

.menu .portalpage a,
.menu .forumindex a,
.menu .search a, 
.menu .memberlist a, 
.menu .calendar a,
.menu .help a {
	float: left;
        text-indent: -99999px;
        margin-right: 35px;
}

give the design you like to these 2 then paste them in global.css

.menu .portalpage a {

}

.menu .forumindex a {

}

and for changing the colors and images all you have to do is to know some CSS
Thanks, that worked but how do i go about adding images to those like my other ones?
They just show up blank in my nav bar, no words or anything.
as i said before , for changing the colors and images all you have to do is to know some CSS

that is why i put these 

Quote:.menu .portalpage a {

}

.menu .forumindex a {

}

and let you design them as you wish 

the most simple way to learn css is to visit w3schools.com/css/