MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 503 error on myBB only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting the error: The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I only moved my forum to a new dedicated server and domain today, and there was a problem because server time was 7 hours ahead. I only realised after the forum went live again and some people posted before I could correct the time. After I corrected the time it seemed to be okay for 10 minutes (albeit the forum and post orders were a bit messed up) but then suddenly it's 503'd. I know it's not a server problem because I have a test .htm file that loads fine. 

URL is http://youthdebates.org

Any ideas? I'm having to post a lot here at the minute... Sad
All 5XX errors are by nature errors with the server somewhere, so you'll need to check your server error logs, it could be anything, it's a very generic error. The fact a .htm file works doesn't mean it's not something to do with the server because they're not processed the same, or require the same resources from the server.
The log gives me this: [Sat Aug 23 12:43:20 2014] [warn] [client (IP)] mod_fcgid: can't apply process slot for /var/www/cgi-bin/cgi_wrapper/cgi_wrapper
Then that's what you'll need to sort out Smile Unfortunately we can't really help with this as it's not a MyBB issue.
Oh noes, you mean I have to figure this out? I'm screwed Smile
Are you running your own server? Stack Overflow or Server Fault would be a better place to ask Smile
Godaddy dedicated server. On hold on the phone now :p

They can't help me, a bit stuck now. Error quoted above gives a directory that doesn't exist. I have /var/www/cgi-bin/ but nothing after that.