MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minor Tooltip Concern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Neat picking.

Tooltip, by definition, is a brief description given about an object when the mouse cursor is placed over it.

Here, if I hover on post editor's name it gives me post title (something related to the post, not the user), whereas hovering on post number gives the same tooltip, which is logical.

[Image: hyrC4PA.png]

I think the tooltip for the username should be "Click to view effone's profile." or something like that.
as you can see entire row has thread subject as the tooltip! (related thread)
Indeed, it's not just the link; it's that whole bar whether the edit text is there or not.
personally this is not bug ...
is not just personal taste?
^ no, it needs modifying ..
(2014-08-24, 02:34 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ no, it needs modifying ..

but already rejected no? http://community.mybb.com/thread-157705-...pid1093801
(2014-08-24, 02:25 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]personally this is not bug ...
is not just personal taste?

This forum is for issues also, not for only bugs. And if I understand correctly issue is any kind of concern.
And its not about personal taste. Its about 'fine-tuning'. Even if it is personal taste; then I can say 'personal taste' of majority becomes 'demand' and that is why the forums for, to gather 'demands' of majority.

It is just a point I have raised which I felt not neat. If majority thinks its OK, let it be ...

(2014-08-24, 02:43 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]but already rejected no? http://community.mybb.com/thread-157705-...pid1093801

That was about bringing back post titles which is going to be removed : hence rejected.
This is about Tooltip stating get rid of post titles in tooltip where it doesn't match.

I think this is completely opposite of your linked topic.
i also believe that the Tooltip should either show description about the hovered object or show nothing.... showing a description not related to the object is not a good idea...
Thanks, now I know where to find the post subject.
OK, but post subject will be deleted in 2.0... now it is bugged at least... it should be fixed
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5