MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 4.0 Public preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-08-26, 08:18 AM)Exze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-26, 07:43 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]What is the deal with everything using rounded avatars nowadays? Square (or slightly rounded) corners everywhere and a circle avatar. Everywhere I've seen them they look out of place.

Agreed, I much prefer solid corners rather than rounded, with the right theme avatars can look ok with circles.

I also have to agree, rounded corners just makes the theme and avatars look so weird and off the actual theme itself.
I think IPB 4 is to bloated oposite than mybb
They just released 4.0.0 Beta 2 today.
The problem with IPB4 is that I look at it and nothing really *jumps out* at me.
I notice some enhancements here and there, but it's incredibly underwhelming for a major version.
If I didn't know that this was IPB4 then, I would just assume that it was a new theme that some random theme designer whipped up.

(2014-08-26, 02:40 PM)Phillip. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-26, 08:18 AM)Exze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-26, 07:43 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]What is the deal with everything using rounded avatars nowadays? Square (or slightly rounded) corners everywhere and a circle avatar. Everywhere I've seen them they look out of place.

Agreed, I much prefer solid corners rather than rounded, with the right theme avatars can look ok with circles.

I also have to agree, rounded corners just makes the theme and avatars look so weird and off the actual theme itself.
I somewhat like avatars with small corners, but not when people go overboard and decide to turn it into a circle.
I honestly find the new theme to be highly unimpressive on the desktop, but it's responsive, so that's a plus! They've pretty much recoded a good percentage of the code, so a lot of the underlying changes are a little more significant than what first meets the eye. I think it'd be more impressive if they had a half decent theme as the default, but then again, a lot of people really hated the old MyBB default theme, and nobody said the theme was everything for MyBB.

I'm interested, but I guess I feel it's not quite ready yet. Within a year or so, it may be more interesting overall. I haven't tested it out enough to really know how much I like it where it is now.
(2014-11-08, 07:42 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly find the new theme to be highly unimpressive on the desktop, but it's responsive, so that's a plus! They've pretty much recoded a good percentage of the code, so a lot of the underlying changes are a little more significant than what first meets the eye. I think it'd be more impressive if they had a half decent theme as the default, but then again, a lot of people really hated the old MyBB default theme, and nobody said the theme was everything for MyBB.

I'm interested, but I guess I feel it's not quite ready yet. Within a year or so, it may be more interesting overall. I haven't tested it out enough to really know how much I like it where it is now.

As far as responsive designs are concerned, that's not really that impressive. Practically every forum software these days is picking it up and those who haven't are probably going to in the near future (E.g. MyBB 2.0). If a number of free forum software are doing it then, I should expect a paid software like IPB4 to do much better.
Heck, even phpBB 3.1 has some responsive designs for it, from what I hear and it was released very very recently.

If IPB4 was free (and ironically enough, IPB used to be) then, I would give them a pat on the back, but this isn't quite what I'd expect from a paid software, especially not with their prices.
(2014-11-09, 04:07 PM)Axareal Wrote: [ -> ]As far as responsive designs are concerned, that's not really that impressive. Practically every forum software these days is picking it up and those who haven't are probably going to in the near future (E.g. MyBB 2.0). If a number of free forum software are doing it then, I should expect a paid software like IPB4 to do much better.
Heck, even phpBB 3.1 has some responsive designs for it, from what I hear and it was released very very recently.

If IPB4 was free (and ironically enough, IPB used to be) then, I would give them a pat on the back, but this isn't quite what I'd expect from a paid software, especially not with their prices.

I agree. IPB4 looks interesting from what I've seen of it, but it just doesn't feel ready to me yet. As for phpBB 3.1, the default theme itself is responsive, and considering how long phpBB has been behind, that came as quite a surprise to me. Toungue
Pages: 1 2