MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Getting Popup Advertisements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

As of yesterday my domain/forum using MyBB has been getting pop up advertisements that appear quickly and then disappear before you can see what the actual popup was. The pop up is like a quick flash of a new page opening in full screen but it disappears as soon as the window reaches full size. I'm not quite sure what's going on and have Googled the issue to find nothing on it.

This seems to happen when switching between tabs on the forum or clicking a link. It doesn't happen all the time but if you idle on the forum's tab long enough, or click on enough links navigating around it does from time to time.

It is not just on my end either, and everyone I have spoken with from my forum claim to be experiencing the same issue.

My Forum: http://www.tokyoghoul.decadence-rpg.net/index.php

Any help would be greatly appreciated on the matter. I'm not even sure where to begin looking to solve this issue.
ask your host provider about these ads, it's probably there fault Smile Smile
As rawa2hk said, it's issue with your hosting. If we can call it issue actually.
You should by hosting and domain, usually free hosting sites put ads on sites.
I'll go ahead and ask my hosting provider, the only thing that strikes me as strange is I've used their hosting for 3 years and have never had advertisements, now suddenly there are advertisements. If you could even call them advertisements.

My host provider is not free, and I pay for it on a quarterly basis.

The pop up window that comes up doesn't even strike me as an advertisement, just a window that quickly flashes open and closes.
One little advice, buy some hosting, and you'll not have any problem like that. Good luck! Smile
I edited my above message - my host is not free. I pay for it quarterly.
It's most likely something you have embedded on the page. (Chatboxes, etc.) If you're using paid hosting, my guess is just as good as yours as to what specifically is causing it.