MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lite Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I'm wondering if by the time 2.0 will be released (which is neither this decade nor the one after Toungue ), will the "lite mode" still be necessary? I mean, it was made back in 2001/2002 in vBulletin, MyBB and few others when internet was slow and the theme itself used to eat so much bandwith for clients. But is that still necessary nowadays? I fear a responsive design for the entire board would be much better, I've never heard of anyone using it anyway, and it's just a read-only set of pages, means it's not really a "lighter" version of the whole board but rather an "archive". Any ideas? Shy
I don't think there is any need for a lite mode once the design is responsive. But since 2.0 will be based on an API/framework, someone could easily create a lite mode if they want.

I don't really see it as an archive either as it doesn't show only the locked forums.
It's been obsolete for a while now.
I don't even allow it in my forums. To much to worry about (I mean, I don't want to take the time checking everything works as expected with each feature I add to my communities).
Totally, I think it's safe to say that in 2014, 56kbps internet connections have practically disappeared.
I also don't think there is a need for Lite mode.