MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade 1.6.x into beta 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Unfortunately that's part of the way ACP modules work in MyBB.
ACP modules should verify if the plugin is active to even show in.
And how does the module know which plugin it belongs to? Right now the only way you can do that is by using a few hooks.
You write the plugin, you write the module for it, it obviously knows to what plugin it belongs to.

The plugins that add modules are few, and none of them do so.
Modules in the Admin CP should follow suit with subpage hooks - if the plugin is not activated the module should be hidden/disabled. Currently if I was to just upload the admin directory of a plugin the module would be displayed. However if the plugin hooked into a module to use a subpage that subpage would only be visible if the plugin was activated.

Perhaps we should create an issue about that? Hide plugin modules in Admin CP if the plugin is deactivated.
(2014-08-28, 09:24 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Modules in the Admin CP should follow suit with subpage hooks - if the plugin is not activated the module should be hidden/disabled. Currently if I was to just upload the admin directory of a plugin the module would be displayed. However if the plugin hooked into a module to use a subpage that subpage would only be visible if the plugin was activated.

Perhaps we should create an issue about that? Hide plugin modules in Admin CP if the plugin is deactivated.

good thought to deactivate modules too if plugins have state disabled.
A module can as well work without a plugin. Modules are not attached to plugins even if that is the general/popular idea Toungue

If the module needs a plugin to work, the module itself should do the verification.
(2014-08-29, 05:43 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]A module can as well work without a plugin. Modules are not attached to plugins even if that is the general/popular idea Toungue

If the module needs a plugin to work, the module itself should do the verification.

That's what I was trying to say a few posts up Wink
Oh I was answering to Jordan, we don't need to make any verifications in the core, modules need to do so depending on how they should work (with or without plugins).
Okay then, that seems to be the consensus. We should add something to the documentation informing plugin developers that they need to run a check in their Admin CP module.
Pages: 1 2 3