MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New project: ForumRankings.net testers needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-08-29, 11:32 PM)marcgo15 Wrote: [ -> ]Not a bad project you have going Smile. I'm happy to see a replacement Big Boards. I've added a few forums.
Thanks! I have a lot of cool ideas planned depending on the response I get and will work on some more features!
(2014-08-30, 01:09 AM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-29, 11:32 PM)marcgo15 Wrote: [ -> ]Not a bad project you have going Smile. I'm happy to see a replacement Big Boards. I've added a few forums.
Thanks! I have a lot of cool ideas planned depending on the response I get and will work on some more features!

You should also post on theadminzone to get the word out more.
I hate to be the bringer of bad news but.. I can see a very possible issue of site owners faking their stats in order to get a better rank.

It doesn't even have to be obviously fake ones. For instance, I could have a forum which has say.. One Million posts. If I slightly inflate that to 1.2 million posts then, who exactly would notice?
Or if I have 900 thousand posts then, I might be tempted to inflate that to a million posts to make it sound more impressive.
Yeah if you go though the trouble you could fake it but then I could just add a feature to flag a site as fake stats and then be banned.

I did reply to one topic on taz and sent a pm to admin guy over there but didn't hear anything back.
Pages: 1 2