MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

How do you stop a user from sending a PM to themselves?
Any ideas anyone? - Thanks.
just curious to know what is the problem with that ..
someone from the staff suggested that it is a feature. user can test PM system without disturbing others
(2014-08-29, 12:36 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]just curious to know what is the problem with that ..
someone from the staff suggested that it is a feature. user can test PM system without disturbing others

Because I use newpoints and users can gain points by sending themselves a PM.
No one got any ideas then?
Then it should be coded in the plugin that you use to solve the problem.
Did you contact the developer?
(2014-08-30, 09:26 PM)Jabberwock Wrote: [ -> ]Then it should be coded in the plugin that you use to solve the problem.
Did you contact the developer?

No not yet but I'll give it ago.

The developer says he cannot edit the plugin. So it's back to the core.
You can just disable them from getting money from sending PMs, that would solve the problem, and just upgrade the payout of other things to make up for lost points.
(2014-08-31, 06:32 PM)Jamie96554 Wrote: [ -> ]You can just disable them from getting money from sending PMs, that would solve the problem, and just upgrade the payout of other things to make up for lost points.

It would not solve the problem of a user being able to PM themselves, I don't think it's an out of the ordinary request to stop users PM'ing themselves.
Well it actually would, because your problem as you stated that users PM'ed themselves for points, so if they don't get any points for it, then there will be no problem. You can't restrict someone to not be able to PM theirselves to my knowledge. What's wrong with someone Private Messaging themselves? I see no problem with that.
Pages: 1 2