MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good forum Name & Niche
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Mybb Members, I'm thinking about opening a New forum, the right way this time. 
I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of some good forum names, also what would you say is a good niche for a forum something that's not highly used.

Thank you to anyone who helps me out! 
Actually that would have been a persistent topic in 1998 / 2000, but in 2014 practically all the subjects are covered by forums, I can't think of any subject that has yet to be discussed on the internet.
But think of it this way, you certainly have some qualities that many people are looking for on the internet, for example, you know how to deal with scripts and stuff, and can give free tutorials? How about you make a forum about that? You love taking photographs and you know how to use Photoshop? How about you make that your topic? Just avoid making a generic forum, where anything could be discussed, because those don't work.
(2014-08-29, 09:50 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Actually that would have been a persistent topic in 1998 / 2000, but in 2014 practically all the subjects are covered by forums, I can't think of any subject that has yet to be discussed on the internet.
But think of it this way, you certainly have some qualities that many people are looking for on the internet, for example, you know how to deal with scripts and stuff, and can give free tutorials? How about you make a forum about that? You love taking photographs and you know how to use Photoshop? How about you make that your topic? Just avoid making a generic forum, where anything could be discussed, because those don't work.

Thanks for the Reply! Yes you are right in saying nearly every/all topics are covered. But just focusing on one topic usually aren't too popular either. Because let's say you want to create a forum with the only topic Youtube. Then it will be hard to get members, because there are already forums covering Youtube. Now i am not saying this is the case for other topics, and I am not saying it's not hard getting members for a general forum, i'd rather have a variety of topics to discuss rather than one.
(2014-08-29, 09:16 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Mybb Members, I'm thinking about opening a New forum, the right way this time. 
I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of some good forum names, also what would you say is a good niche for a forum something that's not highly used.

Thank you to anyone who helps me out! 

Firstly good niche are already taken and saturated as where there is money there will be more rush if you found a niche that have low competition either the niche is not profitable as other forum owners and have shut their website.
Also, you're approaching this all wrong. I could say, you should make a forum regarding atomic theory, and quantum mechanics. But you might have no idea about such things. You should only make a forum on a topic that is something you're passionate about. If you're not passionate about it, you're doomed to fail
(2014-08-31, 07:32 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Also, you're approaching this all wrong. I could say, you should make a forum regarding atomic theory, and quantum mechanics. But you might have no idea about such things. You should only make a forum on a topic that is something you're passionate about. If you're not passionate about it, you're doomed to fail

I'd add to that, that you should start with an idea, and THEN when you feel like it became popular and you need a forum for it, then install MyBB or whatever software. Don't do the opposite, which is starting with a random domain name and a forum, and expecting people to come.