MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Non-English language pack not work in ACP login page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ACP Login Page http://mybb/admin/index.php
I transfer mybb 1.6 language pack (Chinese Taiwan) to mybb 1.8 but this page always show English

No matter what language is set,this page always use ~/inc/languages/english/admin/global.lang.php

delete english language  will make ACP login page error.
[Language english (~mybb/inc/languages/english) is not installed]
================================================================
ACP-Control Panel Preferences (Global)
This Option can set default ACP Language
I don't think the 1.6 and 1.8 language packs are compatible?
non-english language pack (utf-8 encoding) is working for me in admin panel (including admin/global.lang.php)
(2014-08-29, 04:25 PM)NINJA0210 Wrote: [ -> ]ACP Login Page http://mybb/admin/index.php
I transfer mybb 1.6 language pack (Chinese Taiwan) to mybb 1.8 but this page always show English

No matter what language is set,this page always use ~/inc/languages/english/admin/global.lang.php

delete english language  will make ACP login page error.
[Language english (~mybb/inc/languages/english) is not installed]
I guess that it is better for you to re-translate all files for 1.8.0 because 1.6.15 files are not fully compatible and lots of things changed! 
Yeah, I think you'll be able to upgrade 1.6.15 to 1.8, but it'd probably be easier to just start from scratch, since it's different from the 1.6 series. I know I'll be starting it from scratch.
I can confirm
- ACP login form is always in english when login in.
So a cookie needs to be set for it to work? Can someone else confirm this?

This will not make it to 1.8 but later if it comes true BTW.
(2014-08-29, 07:23 PM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm
- ACP login form is always in english when login in.

yes. only when login ( input id and password page)
Non-English language pack is work in ACP Center and logout page.

(2014-08-29, 04:52 PM)Jamie96554 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the 1.6 and 1.8 language packs are compatible?
It's compatible because I edit mybb 1.8 english language pack to another language then rename it.

(2014-08-29, 04:52 PM)Jamie96554 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the 1.6 and 1.8 language packs are compatible?

(2014-08-30, 03:51 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]So a cookie needs to be set for it to work? Can someone else confirm this?

This will not make it to 1.8 but later if it comes true BTW.

try copy "~/inc/language/english" and "~/inc/language/english.php"
to "~/inc/language/test" and "~/inc/language/test.php"

then,edit "test.php" file to be another language ($langinfo['name'] = "TEST"; )
edit "~inc/language/test/admin/global.lang.php"
find
$l['username'] = "Username:";

change to 
$l['username'] = "TEST:";
save it

set UCP/ACP language to "TEST".

finally,logout ACP and try login ACP again.

I think it still show "Username:"  not "TEST"
Its because ACP language is personalized (per admin) and while person are not yet loged in
(thats why were on login form yes ?) then its obviously impossible to know person language preference before he login.

Howewer, when user is on front end he can (and he usually do) set his language, (which is stored in mybblang cookie) so when he go to admin login form, even while it dont know yet who this person is and what are his preferences, it still may try to look at (front end) mybblang cookie and assume that this is language user expect to see in login form.

So i would suggest
ACP login form ->
- look at mybblang cookie,
- if cookie exist and is set to existing language then show login form in this language,
- else show login form in english.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1340

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Pages: 1 2